Monday, February 24, 2014

Kiss Me Deadly Collection Part 1

Hello Lovelies!! I have some really really exciting news!!  I have been collaborating with Samantha at Gothic Gala Lacquers on a collection.  This collection is near and dear to me since this is the first time I have ever collaborated with a maker!  I swear Samantha is a wizard at putting together a polish when all she is has my insane ramblings to deal with!  Since there are 8 polishes in this collection I have decided to split them into 2 separate posts.  I may be able to get the swatches of the last four done in time to capture good sunlight tonight so they may be up a little later.

Let me just say now that as I am swatching these I am in awe of their beauty!  I can not recall a time when I have been so impressed with a nail polish that I get this giddy putting it on!  I am sure my polish addicted readers have that one color that just makes you so happy to put on.  Well so far all of these invoke feelings that I don't even have the words to describe them!

The first four I am going to show you are Oleanders Kiss, Hollow Promises Deadly Kisses, Sirens Kiss, and Venomous Kiss.  I really need good strong sunshine to showcase the amazing holographic properties of some of them so bear with me!  I promise to show the other holographic polishes as soon as possible!  All swatches are shown with two coats of polish unless otherwise stated.  I also added a top coat of seche vite to the matte polishes to show off the shine if they are worn that way!  I am also going to be adding a matte top coat to the polishes that have a traditional glossy finish!

Lets Start with Oleander's Kiss.  Oleanders Kiss is named after the poisonous flower Oleander.  Stunning to look at but better not get too close!  This is a peachy pink to gold duo chrome matte polish.  I am normally not a fan of matte nail polish because the application is so tricky with most of them.  This however goes on smooth and stays that way.

Here are macro shots of with and with out top coat.
Okay these pictures are indoor lighting no top coat!
These are natural sunlight no top coat!
 
Indoor lighting plus top coat.
Sunlight with top coat!

Now we have Hollow Promises, Deadly Kisses.  This name came to me on a whim!  Samantha and I were tossing names back and forth for this amazing purple and before I knew it my hands were typing this name out.  And so the polish was born and named!  This is by far the most amazing purple nail polish I own!  It is a matte purple with silver shimmer.  I can not even describe how amazing this is!

Macro shots!
Indoor lighting with no top coat.

Outdoor lighting with no top coat!
Indoor lighting with top coat
Outdoor lighting with top coat!

Sirens Kiss is a gorgeous green, aqua sheer holographic polish packed full of various glitters.  The gold glitters represent the sirens hair from sea lore.  Since this polish is a bit more sheer than the other I did three coats for full coverage.  I was unable to catch this gorgeous sea with in the sunlight but I think the indoor lighting shows the true beauty just as nicely!

Macro shots both shiny and matted!
 Indoor lighting with one coat of seche vite!
Indoor lighting with Smooth Me Over Matte

Venomous Kiss is the last I was able to swatch tonight.  Samantha wanted to do a venom based polish for the collection and I immediately though black widow!  The amazing polish is a dark grey jelly base to represent the silky shine of the black widow.  It has red diamond glitters to represent the classic hourglass shape on the belly of black widows.  It is also packed full of small red and black square glitters.  I am absolutely in love with this polish!  The glitters are very well behaved and I was able to get a ton on with each pass of the brush!

Macro's both with seche and Smooth me Over Matte
 3 Coats of Venomous Kiss with one coat of Seche
And here it is matted with Gothic Gala Lacquers Smooth Me Over in Matte.

So there you have it Lovelies!  Remember this is only half of the collection and it will be released the 28th of this month!  I know that I am partial to it being as it is my first collaboration with a maker.  But I try to keep that out of my reviews at all times.  I pride myself on giving you 100% honest reviews.  As a small disclaimer I did have to use photoshop to correct the color on Hollow Promises, Deadly Kisses since my camera hates capturing true to life purple.  I did match it as closely as possible to what you bottle will look like when you receive it.

Now then I am exhausted and have 4 more polishes to share with you tomorrow!  I am hoping beyond hope that we have some sunshine so that I can capture the gorgeous holographic qualities of some of the other polishes!

Goodnight Lovelies and feel free to let me know what you think of these polishes in the comment section below!


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do hope those are sobs of joy :) I can not wait to share the other four tomorrow!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are the wizard here!! I am just so glad my weather cooperated today!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous swatches! Great collection; can't wait to see the rest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I saved my favorite 4 for tomorrow!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are really just as stunning in person! And as always I love the formulas

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I highly recommend getting them! They are so unbelievably amazing in person!

      Delete
  6. Oleanders Kiss is my favorite. My mother loved oleander flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised at how much I loved the way it looked on me! I am usually not one for pinks!!

      Delete