Sunday, February 2, 2014

Polish Yer Hooves - Don't it Make Your Cow Eyes Blue? and Attack of the Zombie Cows

Hello Lovelies!!  Welcome back!! I do hope you saw my post earlier today about my big announcement!  I am very excited to be working with Samantha on this line of polishes!

Anyway today I want to share with you a new to me brand.  Polish Yer Hooves caught my attention with the catchy name and even catchier theme!  This polish is all about cows!  the logo alone is adorable but pair that with all of the truly unique glitter combinations and holographic polishes and I just had to get my hands on some!

I purchased 5 polishes in total but wanted to share these two with you today because i have a pretty big plan for the other three which are nail art polishes!

First up I have Don't it Make Your Cow Eyes Blue.  This polish is described as "a Sapphire linear holo with a touch of a metallic look to it. When dry it has a very slight grit feel to it due to the metallic in the mica used."  I did notice the slight grit but honestly a good shake of the bottle and a thick coat of seche smoothed it right out.

Unfortunately I have zero sunlight here in dreary Pennsylvania so I had to take the swatch photos with flash to show off the AMAZING holo in this polish.  The formula is wonderful with full coverage in just two coats.  I tried to capture the amazing blue as best as possible but this does show a touch brighter than it shows in person.  Dry time was just about standard at about three minutes between coats and 5 minutes before Seche Vite.Each bottle also comes with the most adorable cow print tape around the top as well so it will definitely stand out from your other polishes!


Next up I have Attack of the Zombie Cows.  This glitter bomb is so amazingly packed with glitters I think that two coats would leave you with a full coverage glitter bomb manicure.  The description by the maker is as follows, "This Glow in the Dark creation is packed full of black holo glitter - for the cow; yellow and green hexes to represent Zombie blood, because we all know that's what color it is, of course! And some red glitter for the human blood!"

I swatched this over four different colors to help show off the different glitters!  From my index finger across I have a nude, a grey, a black and a white base with just a single coat of Attack of the Zombie Cows.  I absolutely adore that this polish also glows in the dark! I wasn't able to get a good picture of it glowing because my camera has decided to be a punk.  It definitely glows though which always amuses me!
So there you have it Lovelies!  I really love the formula and application of these polishes!  I have three more to share with you and as long as things go as planned they will be on the blog tomorrow!  I can't wait to get my hands on more from this maker!  See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your gorgeous pictures! You can see the holo perfectly!! Glow in the dark always amuses me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out here, and send me your link in the comments when you have accepted, so I can see your answers to the questions. :)
    http://polish-asphyxiation.blogspot.com/2014/02/and-nominees-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the Leibster Award! It is an award meant to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers.

    ReplyDelete