Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Stash

So lovelies, I have realized that I have not shown you my battle station at all.  I can only feel ashamed since I feel the need to share the monstrosity that has taken over my downstairs bathroom!  Take warning though since I took these pictures with my cell phone and couldn't really get good lighting or angles.  Also there still needs to be some reorganizing done since my OCD can not decide if I should reorganize by brand or color.  I have a feeling that organizing by brand is going to win.
Yup, there it is.  All of my polish in all of its glory!  From what I can tell I have just under 500 bottles not including top coats, base coats, and treatments.  The truly sad part is none of my nail art supplies are pictured here.  I have another three drawer storage full of caviars and decals and studs. 
So the top shelf is all of my indie nail polishes.  It is a small collection but it is steadily growing.  I also have my color club holographic polishes on there because I love them so.
I took pictures of two shelves at a time so you can see just how packed they are with polish.  Again I am going to reorganize by brand since all of the different bottle heights are driving me batty.
I made all of the foam board inserts myself from a tutorial on YouTube and they were really easy to make.  They are super durable and if you just have them sitting on a shelf you can decorate and paint them however you want!  I made an extra one for my daughter to keep in her room.  Her stash is small but growing as I feed the addiction!
I have reserved the bottom two shelves for tools, remover, and polishes I have yet to put away.  I was really lucky to have found this shelf on a local swap meet Facebook page for only 60 bucks!  It is technically a media shelf for DVDs and the such but it works perfectly as my own personal lacquer land!
I hope you enjoyed my stash post!  Feel free to leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this, but I think it would drive me nuts because of the amount of dust that would accumulate on my stash. I currently have all my stuff in melmers and it makes me totally sad that I can't see everything. I also struggles so much regarding how to organize my stash and I ended up organizing by brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deal with the dust with compressed air honestly. Since it is in my bathroom it doesn't get terribly dusty so once a week I go in there with my boyfriends air compressor and blow it off ever so gently. Once I get the rest of the neutrals and glitters swatched in my swatch book I am going to reorganize by brand then color within the brand. Which will hopefully pacify my OCD. Thank you so very much for reading and commenting! I am a huge fan of your blog!

      Delete