Friday, October 25, 2013

Special Request Post - Model City Polish - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker

So I received a special request from a very good friend of mine to review this polish today.  It just so happens that I am in a fantasmic mood. (yes I am aware that really isn't a word but nothing else describes just how wonderful I feel, don't judge me)  I booked my son's flight to come home for the holidays today and now the countdown to December 17th begins!  Light back story is that my son is 13 years old and living with his father in California due to school systems being amazing out there.  While I live 3,000 miles away in Pennsylvania.
Anyway ... on to the polish!  Sheena Is A Punk Rocker is a black jelly base filled with bright pink dots, fine silver glitter, and fine silver holographic glitter.  When I say filled I mean PACKED!  The swatches I did were only two coats and I felt like I had pink and silver diamonds on my nails with how sparkly they were!
 I have already raved about Model City Polishes formula but have I raved enough about the customer service!  Ordering from the Etsy store is a breeze and the shop owner is such a joy to talk with!  I really love ordering indie nail polishes because of the interaction I am able to have with the owners themselves.  Try asking a Wal-Mart employee anything about one of their nail polishes and you will see what I mean.
So I smudged between camera shots.  Sue me! No I kid.  I just couldn't wait for this to dry to take the pictures.  The next time I use this polish I will definitely use three coats, not for opacity but so I can have that much more glitter on my nails!
My final picture really show cases the silver and holographic glitters in the polish!  You can find Sheena Is A Punk Rocker on Model City Polishes Etsy store!

And now for the craft of the week!  Today I want to share with you a purse I had made for a friend a long time ago.  This is an all crocheted purse so a lining is definitely recommended (not that I did though)
I used THIS pattern for the purse and found it really simple to follow.  I added the flowers and handles myself to add a touch of oomph to it.
I love the way it looked when it was all closed up!  This would be a perfect purse for a little girl who doesn't carry everything around.  Since I didn't add a liner to it the every day use of it definitely stretched it out some but if your goal is to use it for a produce bag it can only get better with some stretch!

I hope you enjoyed my post today!  Please feel free to leave a comment below and let me know if you have any special requests for a review or even a cool craft idea!  See you all tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very beautiful polish! And so happy that you'll be seeing your son soon. Time flies so he'll be there soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Tomorrow I will be showcasing a custom blend I had made for him by Kunimitsu Nail Potions. I am hoping to get better swatches as soon as I figure out a way to make a light box.

      Delete