Monday, November 25, 2013

Gothic Gala Lacquers - Moon Over Paradise and a revisit of Lolita's Gown

Good evening lovelies!  Today was an almost perfect day that started with rearranging my fish tank and nail polish/blogging room.  My mail person has been super late getting my mail to my house lately so I was pleasantly surprised this evening with a huge nail mail day!  I got some polishes I was waiting for that are gifts and I also got a package from Gothic Gala Lacquers!  Fair warning though my cuticles are a MESS due to cold weather.
I had shared my last review of Lolita's Gown with Samantha (the maker of Gothic Gala Lacquers).  I was so surprised with our conversation!  Samantha was so sincere and genuinely concerned that I had such an issue with this polish that she asked me if I would re-swatch the reformulated version.  Now, keep in mind that I live on the east coast and there is a definite mentality out here that there is no such thing as excellent customer service.  Samantha, however, has changed my view on that entirely.
So today I am going to share with you Moon Over Paradise with Lolita's Gown as an accent!  Everything that I said before about the glitters being evil little minions has flown right out the window with the new formula!  They behave wonderfully now and are super easy to get on and in the right spot!  I ordered Moon Over Paradise in grey but there is also a black option as well.  Honestly I am kind of thinking I need both with how amazing this mix of glitters is!

The first thing that caught my eye is the new bottles of Gothic Gala Lacquers.  I love love love them!  They are dramatic and beautiful without being too obnoxious.  They stand out in my collection and are truly unique.  There are also new brushes with these bottles and let me tell you from a left handed person they are a DREAM to work with!  I am forced to swatch on my left hand since there is no such thing as lefty camera's.  When trying to swatch glitter heavy polishes the brush plays a big role on how easy the application is for me.  The new flatter brush in Gothic Gala polishes makes it easier to pick up the glitters without being so wide I feel like my cuticles are going to drown.

You know that one sweater that you have in your closet that you just love to wrap up in?  Well Moon Over Paradise is that sweater for your nails!  It makes you feel comfy and confident without being too bulky.  I know it looks like the glitters are chunky and hard to deal with but two coats of Samantha's Smooth Me Over top coat tame these bad boys right down!
Lolita's Gown behaved so much better for me this time around!  The glitters just kind of floated right onto my nails like that was where they were longing to be!  The circle and star glitters were a tad elusive but that is absolutely to be expected so with just a touch of fishing bam there they were!
If I absolutely had to complain about  anything it would be that I don't have any more money in my polish budget this month to buy every single one of the colors on Gothic Gala's etsy store!  Happy shopping everyone I am sure you will be just as pleased as I am with these polishes!!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lolita's gown went fromy love hate polish to my absolute favorite! I don't think I have crushed on a polish this hard since my color club holographic polishes!

      Delete