Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve - Nail Art

Hello lovelies!  I don't really have a review for you today as it is Christmas even and I am in a frantic state of mind due to a severe lack of Christmas cookies this year.  However I wanted to take a break from my truly insane life to share with you two manis I have done this year for the holidays!  I am never very good at following tutorial videos so I tend to just do a Google search for nail art and go with what I like.  Also be sure to read to the bottom of this post since I have a very special announcement that I am only telling to my blog readers at this point!

First up I have a wonderful little swirl design I did using negative space!
This looks was very simply achieved by one stroke of silver diagonally up my nail and then one stroke of Zoya in Dream diagonally in the other direction.  Then I just did two simple squiggles one in white and one in black.  I finish it off with a dotting tool and some Seche on top!

My next mani is my Christmas mani this year and I have to say I really love it!  For this manicure I used the same technique but I added rhinestones!  The red is +Zoya Nail Polish & Treatments pixie dust in Chyna and the silver glitter is Hard Candy Celebrate Sequins.  I then added red rhinestones to the edge!  I also used Gothic Gala Lacquers "Smooth me Over" to help keep the rhinestones in place!
 I really love this look for the holiday since it isn't too in your face Christmas.  I am also really loving the use of negative space right now so you can definitely expect to see more manicures like this in the future!

Okay lovelies now on to the big news! (insert drum roll here!) I will be starting my own line of polish!  Yes you heard correctly!  Things and ideas and business plans are in the works and the projected date of opening will be April 11th of this coming year!  I have a feeling that this year will be bringing a lot of changes for myself and I am hoping to make the best of all of them!  I will most likely not be posting tomorrow since it is Christmas day but who knows I may just have to!

Tootles lovelies!!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am loving the Smooth Me Over top coat over the rhinestones!!

      Delete
    2. They normally would have been picked off by now. The smooth me over really seals them in!

      Delete
  2. So excited for you! I'm glad you found something to make you so happy. Love the christmas mani too. And I very dislike the color red. But you made it ao beautiful and festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lady! I couldn't see doing a green and gold manicure since I am not huge on those colors! This red though is so perfect!!

      Delete
  3. Love both designs! Congratulations on your exciting news! Will be looking forward to see your polish line in April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is going to be a definite challenge but I honestly think I am up for it!

      Delete