Thursday, December 12, 2013

Emerald and Ash - Winter colors

Hello lovelies!! Today has been a delightfully quiet day!  I started out with having to contact Zoya about a pending order that seemed to have gotten cancelled.  Well let me just say the customer service over at Zoya is freaking amazing!!  I have had some pretty horrific experiences with customer service lately but today was just amazing!  The customer service rep even said that he would pass along how pleased I was with the whole experience and asked me what my blogs name was!

Anyway this encounter made me think of some of the more awesome customer service experiences I have had and one came to mind right away.  Recently Emerald and Ash had a Black Friday sale that I just had to participate in!  I have been wanting a few of the winter colors and decided it was time for my wallet to bite the bullet and indulge!  Well part of the sale was that you got a free cuticle oil if you spent so much.  Of course silly old me forgot to put the cuticle oil in my cart and I checked out without getting it.  I had stayed up late to grab a certain polish that was only being re-released that day!

So there I am at something like 3 in the morning all happy with myself that I got all the polishes I had hoped for when I get an email.  It was actually Emerald and Ash saying that they noticed that I did not put the cuticle oil in my cart and if I still wanted it to just email them with the scent I want!  I couldn't believe it!  How awesome is it that they were so quick to notice my error and email me about a free product!  They were so busy with their launch and taking orders in but they took time out to email me right away.  I was blown away and it makes me all the more happy to buy from small businesses. 

I think that people forget how important customer relationships are these days.  I have had some really bad customer service encounters in my time but, to me, the ones that leave me feeling like my business means something to the company (big or small) are the ones that really stick out.  There are quite a few companies that I will no longer deal with because of how their customer service reps have treated me.

Okay onto the polishes!  First up is Sweater Weather which is describes as a "pure grey, slightly sheer, crelly polish that is filled with yellow micro flakes."  This description is dead on!  The polish feels delicate and cozy all at the same time.  The pictures show three coats of Sweater Weather with one coat of Seche Vite.
Now here is Sweater Weather with Frosted as a top coat!  Frosted could very well be a stand alone polish but the maker describes it as such - "Frosted is packed full of all things holo! Tons of holo glitter and a touch of holo pigment make this a stunning top coat!"  My swatches below show only one coat of Frosted over sweater Weather with a single coat of Seche Vite.  The last picture is purposely out of focus to highlight the amount of sparkle this top coat has!


 

Now let me show you Black Ice which is described on the website as "an icy charcoal metallic holo that pulls slightly blue in certain lights."  I did two coats of black ice with one coat of Seche Vite on top.  I tried my best to get the absolutely amazing holo effect to show but photos just don't do this color justice!

I have three more polishes from Emerald and Ash that I want to share with you but I am afraid I have errands to run and must leave you for now!  Perhaps I will do a second post later tonight after dinner but if not I will do them tomorrow!  Have a great night lovelies and please feel free to leave comments below!  Also don't forget to check out all of the polishes from Emerald & Ash.  Not only is their customer service absolutely amazing but their polishes are as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment