Sunday, December 8, 2013

Julep - mini rant along with the review of Ceila and Evelyn

Hello lovelies!  So glad you could join me tonight for my mini rant about Julep.  So I have been a maven for a while now and I haven't really been too into the polishes the last few boxes.  I skipped probably five or six in a row!  Then all of the sudden I stopped receiving emails notices that my maven box was ready to view!  I was being charged half way through the month for the next months box!  Finally I had enough!  So I got on the phone and called the subscriptions number to cancel.  The hold time was ridiculous and when someone finally got around to answering me the background noise made it almost impossible to hear what she was saying.

She then asked me why I was cancelling and I told her it was because of the price of drugstore polish.  I basically equate Julep's formula to Wet 'n' Wilds.  There is nothing outstanding about them except that the first time I ever used a Julep it stained my nail so horribly I had to file and cover it for a month!  I can go to my local CVS and pick up 10 Wet 'n' Wilds for the 20 dollars I was paying for 3 Juleps.  None of the colors seem all that unique to me.  All of the glitter polishes I have seem to curl and peel within a day no matter what top coat I use.  Well after I explained this to her all she could say was "oh".  That was it. No I'm sorry you feel that way.  No we are sorry to see you go. Nothing!

Now I haven't received a single email from Julep in months concerning my maven boxes but since I have cancelled my subscription my inbox is FLOODED with spam messages about deals and sales and all other kinds of crap!  How is it that for months I don't get anything and now *poof* their emails are coming through just fine! Grrr!

So today to go along with my Julep rant I present to you Ceila and Evelyn.  Evelyn is a beautiful plum red cream polish and Evelyn is shimmery metallic blueish green.  I decided to use Evelyn as my main polish color and Ceila as an accent to save myself some time.  it is very late and I don't want to prolong this post too very much.  My swatches show two coats of each with a seche topcoat!

Enjoy your night lovelies! I will see you tomorrow for a review of something out of my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment