Thursday, December 26, 2013

Gothic Gala Lacquers - Welcome to the Ball

Hello lovelies!  What a day I have had!  fighting with the post office, fighting with customer service people, trying to get another company to get back to me for the fifteenth time in a month!  Just ugh!  So I decided to come and do my nails and share with you all a nifty little trick I have learned when dealing with glitter nail polish.

I love the way glitter polishes look.  I can't help it I am a glitter head!  However I do NOT have the patience to deal with them when removing the polish itself.  Most everyone I know tells me to wrap my nails in a drenched cotton ball and foil and wait a minute or two and then just pull it off.  Well if I had a free minute or two to sit at my desk looking like I am protection my nails from the government agencies spies I would have a free minute to sit and have a cup of coffee!  Anyway my point is that I needed something quicker and easier to deal with while I am in the process of taking care of my mini farm and kids!

That is when I came across the Elmer's Glue trick!  It is pretty brilliant actually.  I mean when I was a kid (okay so I still do it sometimes but don't judge) I used to smear Elmer's Glue all over my hands and then peel it off with ease!  So here is what you do:
  1. Take an empty bottle of nail polish that you have laying around.  You can even empty one if you have a really old one that you just don't use anymore.
  2. Fill it with a bit of nail polish remover to clean it out really well.  Just fill it a quarter of the way and put the lid on and shake the crud out of it!
  3. Rinse said polish remover out of the bottle and let it stand open over night to air dry.
  4. Pour in Elmer's school glue and ad a few drops of water.  You can skip the water if you want to but I thought it was way too thick for a base coat to not thin it out.
 That's it!  Now you have a peel off base coat without spending a bunch!  Keep in mind you have to let the Elmer's Glue dry completely before polishing your nails.  This takes about five minutes but since I do my nails one hand at a time it doesn't effect me as much as the foil trick.

Now I wanted to show you a glitter polish with this trick because I have to prove that it works right?  So I decided on Gothic Gala Lacquers Welcome to the Ball!  I know I have reviewed a lot of Gothic Gala Lacquers lately but honestly I am just in love with this polish!  There are so many great shades and glitter combinations to choose from in her shop and I feel that her combinations are truly unique.  I love other indie brands as well don't get me wrong but when I see makers copying other makers design and vibe it kind of irks me.  I want to feel like the nail polish I am buying is something that the maker put time and thought and feeling behind.  Not just oh hey circle glitters in dark bases are a thing now so let's all make them.

Uniqueness is huge for me when I am paying higher prices for a hand made item.  I wouldn't want to pay $10.00 a bottle for a mass produced polish.  I guess this is why I really only have drugstore brands in my regular collection.

Anyway enough of my ranting!  The pictures below show my Elmer's Glue base with 3 coats of Welcome to the Ball and one coat of Seche to top it off.  Have you ever had that "this is what has been missing in my life" feeling?  Because as I was putting this polish on that is exactly what it felt like!  It is such an amazingly stunning color in a black holographic base and so much glitter! There are shards and hexes a plenty!  I really love the layering effect that the holographic black gives to the glitters.  I honestly wish I could have taken a picture in the sunlight but alas it is night time!  As quoted from the listing this polish is "A disco ball in a bottle."

Let's start with the review pictures first!  The last picture is out of focus on purpose to show off the amazing sparkle this polish has.
Okay, did you see that!  Such amazing sparkle!  Now keep in mind that I am VERY impatient with glitters so your glitter results will most likely vary from mine.  Given that I still have a crap ton of glitters on each finger!

And now for the Elmer's glue awesomeness!
 I have heard to use an orange stick however I just used my cuticle pusher.
 This was just two pushes!

Yup it was that easy!  All glitter came right off!!

So in short go get Welcome to the Ball asap! Also I hear there was a reformulation of it in the works so Be prepared for a side by side review in the future.  I hope you liked this post and be sure to check back tomorrow for some Lucky 13 Lacquer reviews!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure which I'm more excited about, the review or the glue trick! Lol

    Love it as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am loving the glue trick and it even holds in scalding hot water (did the dishes test)

      Delete