Thursday, January 16, 2014

Above The Curve - What No Buy?!?!?

Hello lovelies!  I want to share with you today a very very special nail polish brand!  I became aware of this brand a few months ago and currently have a wish list a mile long of their polishes.  Not just because they have amazing polishes but because they also have a very amazing purpose!  I grabbed this blurb straight from their website because I couldn't put it into any better words!
"We are a husband and wife team who love to make polish together!
When I was 12 I was diagnosed with a severe case of Scoliosis. I had a 72 degree curve and my spine was making my ribs twist into my heart and lungs. I had to have a rushed surgery to fuse my spine.
We were sent to Shriner's Hospitals for Children and they did my surgery for free!!     They saved my life!
Without them I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband and have my 3 beautiful children!
We have always wanted to repay them and help raise awareness and funds for Shriners Hospitals For Children as well as raise awareness for Scoliosis!
Hence the name Above The Curve
$1.00 of every bottle sold is donated to Shriner's Hospitals For Children."
Scoliosis is a very serious disease that many children suffer from.  I can't give you stats by any means but I am all about supporting such amazing causes!  On top of that this brand makes some really amazing polish!  The formula is the perfect consistency with not being too think at all!  I picked up "What No Buy?!?!?" as a present for a friend but she was not a fan of gold so it stayed with me!  Now I am not usually a fan of gold either so I himmed and hawed about it for some time!  Honestly I doubt I will ever wear this polish as a stand alone one but I have some pretty big plans for some nail art with it!

This is the type of gold that I can definitely see myself wearing as an accent.  It isn't too gaudy and isn't too yellow.  It was a little on the sheer side so my swatches below show 3 coats and a top coat of Seche Vite.

Without flash -

With Flash - 
 
I am really impressed with this polish on so many levels!  I love the slight holographic feel with it still being delicate and not too distracting.  Like I said earlier this probably won't end up being a stand alone polish for me but I can definitely see the potential for accents and nail art. 

Tomorrow I have some Mentality Polish to share with you that I think you may love as much as I do!  Until then lovelies have a great night!!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read the post on the polish. I love Above the Curve. I just can't read half of it because of the color of part of your background :( It's a beautiful color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you viewing on the mobile site on a laptop or desktop? For some reason when the mobile link is shared it doesn't automatically detect what device type you are using. So it stays on the mobile view instead :( If you go to the very bottom of the page it will have a link that says "View Full Site" I am think of turning off the mobile layout completely becuase this has caused such a big problem for so many people. Mobile users can still view it will just be the full site :)

      Delete
  2. Both the polish and the background :)

    ReplyDelete