Sunday, January 26, 2014

Colors by Llarowe - Tank Tops and Flip Flops

Hello Lovelies!! I had a wonderfully boring weekend filled with watching silly movies with my daughter! I was also lucky enough to get my one bunny to sit still long enough to trim her nails!  She has a very very bad attitude and being able to do it all by myself made me really happy! 

Today I have a polish that I honestly never thought I would buy.  I received it on Saturday and swatched it right then and there.  Now Let me do a little back story here.

A couple of months back I had pre-ordered a polish from this same maker.  When it got to me it was so horribly gloopy and disgusting I will most likely never use it again.  The first mani that I did with it took forever and though the results were pretty in my opinion if I pay $12.00 + shipping  the polish should be dreamy right out of the bottle.

I decided to give Colors by Llarowe a second chance and ordered Tank Tops and Flip Flops.  Let's face it a purple holographic polish just screams my name! 

So there I am on Saturday afternoon when the mail comes.  I open the package and the polish is just as beautiful in person as the swatches online are.  I open the bottle to do my swatch and the formula is FANTASTIC!  So here I am wondering what in the world happened to my other bottle.  I had emailed the company and got no where at all when my other bottle was a mess.  Having this bottle be so perfect honestly left a bitter taste in my mouth.  Was the other bottle a bad bottle that they refuse to say they messed up on or is this good bottle just a fluke?  How is it that the other bottle was hand made and still passed quality control?  How can an independent maker have such a vast inconsistency in their polishes?  It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever and honestly this will be the last time I purchase from this brand.

Between bad customer service and inconsistent formulas I am better off spending $14.00 on two bottles from a maker I trust.

Here are my swatches of Tank Tops and Flip Flops.  They are all two coats with one coat of seche vite on top.  I also matted my pinkie for fun in the last couple of pictures!


So there you have it lovelies.  My honest review of the brand.  This polish was great but honestly the inconsistency and bad experience with customer service made it so that I refuse to buy from them again.

Tootles for now!!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, maybe the cap wasn't on tightly on the first bottle and too much air got in to make it so gloopy? I don't know...but the customer service issue can be a problem. Glad to see your 2nd bottle was a winner - very pretty purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that as well but the cap was very tightly on. Also this seems to be a recurring problem with that particular color. I think the biggest issue I have with it all is the customer service and inconsistencies. For such a well known maker these mistakes should not be happening in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Their customer service is incredibly bad. I won't use them again.

    But dang that color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly. Had this mani not chipped in 12 hours I would have been thrilled however it chipped so quickly and just peeled right off of my nails. I am trading it for another darker purple holo from the same company and I will see how that one behaves!

      Delete