Saturday, January 11, 2014

One last thermal before I trim my nails - Pretty and Polished in "April Showers"

Hello lovelies!  I am completely exhausted tonight and totally down in the dumps since I have to trim my nails.  So before I do that I want to share with you one of my all time favorite thermal polishes!  I think I have made it more than clear that I am in love with blue polishes.  Add glitter and thermal and I go freaking bonkers!  Pretty and Polished has made my polish dreams a reality!  April Showers caught my eye mostly because of the name.  My birthday is in April and I am kind of a dork when it comes to collecting things that have to do with my birthday.

Pretty and Polished describes April Showers as such: "April Showers is a gorgeous color changing polish that shifts from blue to white with the temperature! When cold it will be a lovely shade of blue with lots of blue glitters. When it i(s) warm it will change to white and those blue glitters will really come to life and look like water drops!"

I honestly couldn't agree more with this description.   I did a base coat of white under two coats of April Showers to really make it pop.  The glitters behaved well and the polish itself has a great formula.  I had to employ cold water to show the effect because I am currently feverish and my hands are off the chart hot.

These are the photos without flash:

After running cold water over my hands:

And then with flash with my hands warm:

So there you have it lovelies!  Now to go file down my nails to stubs.  Tomorrow I will be taking my son to the airport so I may not have time to blog.  If I don't get a chance to I will make up for it on Monday !  Tootles my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment