Thursday, January 30, 2014

Zoya's everywhere!

Hello lovelies!!  I decided to start doing a special segment every Thursday.  I will pick five colors from my MASSIVE collection and swatch them for you all to enjoy.  Now these could be indies, main stream, drugstore or even dollar store polishes.  I need to get through all of my untried polishes and see what I absolutely love and what doesn't work so well!  Every swatch will be strictly two coats except for jelly polishes.  Those I will allow three coats for full coverage.  I will also use seche vite on top of all polishes unless they are textured as these are not supposed to have top coats.  These will be picture heavy posts of course but I will keep the wording to a minimum.  At the end of the pictures I will rate the brand on three major things:
  1. Formula
  2. Staining
  3. Usability
I will rate them from 1 - 5 one being bad and 5 being good.

Today I am going to share five Zoya's.  4 of these are pixie dusts so the formula is going to be a bit different than other polishes.  However I am looking more for streaks, pulling, and coverage.  So here we go Lovelies!

Godiva - "a soft nude with a sugared sparkle"

  1. Formula - 4 - two coats still shows visible nail line
  2. Staining - 5 - no staining at all though the sparkles are impossible to not get everywhere
  3. Usability - 5 - no issues at all with these polishes

Tomoko - "a romantic champagne silver with a matte, textured, sparkling metal finish"
  1. Formula - 4 - again visible nail line
  2. Staining - 5 - no staining at all
  3. Usability - 5 - no issues
London - "a fog grey with a sugared sparkle"
  1. Formula - 5 - just perfect coverage
  2. Staining - 5 - no staining at all
  3. Usability - 5 - no issues
Dahlia - "a black beauty with a sugared sparkle"
  1. Formula - 5 - just perfect coverage
  2. Staining - 5 - no staining at all
  3. Usability - 5 - no issues
Storm - "a full coverage, holiday black with a high concentration of micro fine diamond holographic glitter"
  1. Formula - 5 - just perfect coverage
  2. Staining - 5 - no staining at all
  3. Usability - 5 - no issues
Well there is my first installment of Five Untrieds.  I hope you all enjoyed this because it really is a lot of fun for me!  I will see you again son Lovelies!
a romantic champagne silver with a matte, textured, sparkling metal finish. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/Search/?Description=Tomoko#sthash.0BOfodgm.dpufa ro
a soft nude with a sugared sparkle
a soft nude with a sugared sparkle
a soft nude with a sugared sparkle

3 comments:

  1. oh dang, I just ordered Dahlia, and now I think I shoulda ordered London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Godiva polish! Your swatches are so pretty!

    I'm a new follower, can't wait to see more from you! Hope to see you around my blog sometime!


    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete