Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lucky 13 Lacquer - Companion Cube

Hello Lovelies!! I am in such a great mood tonight after making a kick butt dinner for my family.  It was my first time making a recipe that isn't written down anywhere and just well you add some of this and some of that and oh yeah don't put that in.  I fumbled a bit but it actually came out way better than the original!!  I do not consider myself domesticated at all so making a big dinner like this was quite the accomplishment.

Anywho ... Tonight I am going to share with you yet another Lucky 13 Lacquer.  I try to space out my reviews of polishes but I am just too excited about this one.  Companion Cube is such an amazing polish.  It is described as a "Grey jelly base with tiny pink, medium silver, and pink hearts"  Now if I have not made it clear already I hate fishing for glitters with a passion.  However for this one I actually dug out a toothpick to fish a bit.  I have had this bottle sitting on my shelf for quite some time so getting the hearts out was a bit of a pain.  I did have it flipped upside down for a while but I got impatient.  I was only patient enough to fish out one heart glitter for each hand but I am sure that next time when I have more time in advance and let it sit for longer the hearts will be less of a butt.

 See the hearts are in there!
Now you see why I am so in love with this polish!  I honestly think this is by far my favorite grey of all time.  The hex glitters were so happy to be on my fingers and the way they came out with the brush was a dream.  I am also a huge fan of jelly glitter polishes for the depth they give.  This polish gets an A++ in my book all the way!  There was no shrinkage with my Seche topcoat which always seems to happen with jellies and I.  The one trick I can lend to you is when it comes to jelly polishes thin coats are easiest to work with.  My swatches above show three thin coats that dried completely between each one.

Well there you have it Lovelies! I hope you enjoyed tonights installment.  I am off to build yet another polish rack and paint one of the walls in my nail room!  It is going to be purple and blue!! I promise I will share pictures when it is all said and done!

1 comment:

  1. On a side note I have since learned that this polish has been reformulated! The heart glitters do not sink nearly as much anymore!

    ReplyDelete